Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dealing With Breakage


Just when I thought I had reached my ideal state of healthy hair & I could cruise through the Spring & Summer months I part my hair and find breakage has once again reared it's ugly head. Since I have a few things working against me at the moment (texlaxed, color treated & bunning constantly) I am not exactly sure of the cause of the breakage at this point.

 The position of the breakage (with the bone straight pieces) indicates the breakage is due to the difference in the textures, one area being texlaxed (more like severely under processed) and the ends being virtually bone straight. 

I have also been bunning constantly which is known to cause breakage where the ponytail holder meets the hair - the position of the breakage is exactly where the ponytail holder would wrap around my strands. 
The fact that my hair is both relaxed and colored and therefore extremely dry also contributes to the breakage factor.


I have an appointment with my stylist in about 2 weeks for a relaxer and trim and I am hoping she can pinpoint the exact cause of the breakage, but until then I plan to keep my regimen essentially the same. The only change I plan to make is to bun my hair when it is completely air dried and stretched rather than soaking wet. Hopefully things will not get any worse over the coming weeks and I can come up with a plan to stop the breakage completely and begin nursing the area back to health.

How do you deal with breakage & setbacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment