Thursday, July 3, 2014

Product Review: Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner



Price: $6.49
Purchased at: Sally's Beauty Supply
Product Claims: "Silk Elements Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner is especially formulated with Seriseal Complex that combines Sercin Silk Protein with hair keratin to produce effect results in reducing frizz and volume while adding shine and conditioning properties to the hair.
Restores lost keratin that can cause hair breakage, dryness, dullness and frizz. Helps strengthen, smooth and replenish keratin to hair. Safe for natural or chemically treated or color-treated hair."

IngredientsWATER (AQUA, EAU), CETYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCOL STEARATE, AMODIMETHICONE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, TRIDECETH-12, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, SERICIN, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BENENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ROSA MOSCHATA SEED OIL, PEG-75 LANOLIN, BENZOPHENONE-4, SODIUM PCA, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CITRIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BENZYL BENZOATE.

Analysis:  The first thing I noticed about this conditioner was the smell; it has a somewhat perfume-y smell that is indescribable but AMAZING! While it smells amazing in the jar it does not linger after application or rinse-out which is one of the things I have to say I dislike about this conditioner. I love conditioners with strong scents that remain even after washing and styling.

The consistency is quite thick, almost like frosting, which I love - I am a sucker for a thick conditioner since it makes me feel like it is actually soaking into my hair and not running down the drain. I have used this conditioner twice in two different ways and each use left my hair feeling soft yet strong.

The first time I used this conditioner I t-shirt dried my hair after shampooing with the Kera Minerals Sulfate Free Shampoo and applied the conditioner in sections concentrating on the very ends of my hair. I  placed a shower cap on my head and sat beneath a hooded dryer for 15 minutes then rinsed with cool water. I found my hair to be soft but I did not think it was as soft as when using my usual conditioner combo (Joico K-pak Reconstructor and Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm) and my tangles did not melt apart, but I could live with the results.

The second time I used this conditioner I applied Matrix BCB in the shower for five minutes first, rinsed, t-shirt dried then applied Kera Minerals in sections. I decided to try an over night DC so I donned a shower cap, two scarves and went to bed. I ended up getting up around 2 a.m. to rinse the conditioner because I just couldn't take sleeping with wet hair. I noticed a BIG difference in my hair this time around: not only did my tangles melt apart but my new growth seemed straighter. To save time (and hurry back to bed) I blow dried my hair on medium heat using a round brush and got possibly the BEST blow out results I have ever had on 13-week- post- relaxer- hair. It dried quickly and the results were extremely sleek. 

The Verdict: I will definitely continue using this conditioner but I will leave it on for at least 1 hour (or 30 minutes with heat) for best results. This will also be my go-to conditioner whenever I heat style due to the sleek results it gives.

Have you tried Kera Minerals Conditioner?

2 comments:

  1. Please bring back kera Minerals shouldn't never discontinue it. I need it for my damaged hair,
    Of 2021 Thank you,

    ReplyDelete