Monday, July 14, 2014

Product Review: Kera Minerals Smoothing System

Kera Minerals Smoothing System

I have been using the Kera Minerals Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Smoothing Deep Conditioner for about 2 weeks now and loved the two products so much that I decided to add the leave-in conditioner to the mix. The system is made to extend the life of the Kera Minerals Smoothing System by replenishing the hair with Keratin and other minerals that create smooth, frizz-free hair. I am debating on trying the actual smoothing system in the hopes that it will allow me to stretch my relaxer even further, but wanted to give these products a try first to test the waters.


The first product in the line is the Sulfate Free Shampoo. This shampoo has a nice perfume-y scent, much like that of the deep conditioner only lighter. Because it does not contain sulfates it requires a little more product to get a good lather going. What I like most about this shampoo is the fact that it is extremely moisturizing, so much so that I am able to detangle my hair with the shampoo in, and my hair does not feel stripped or dry after rinsing. One con of this product for me is the fact that it clings to my hair and scalp. My hair is extremely thick, so most shampoos seem to cling, so it is not at all a deterrent for me.



The second product is the Smoothing Deep Conditioner. I have already reviewed this product but I will say that it seems to improve the quality of your hair with each use. I have included some product consistency shots that were not included in my initial review.



Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner

The consistency is pretty thick, it coats the hair nicely and does not drip off even when applied right after shampooing. 





Kera Minerals Smoothing Leave In Conditioner

The last product in the system is the leave-in conditioner which is claimed to remove frizz and promote shine. The first thing I noticed about this leave in is the smell..ugh! *gags slightly* This stuff smells horrible, like icy hot or cough drops. It reminds me of an old lady, seriously; fortunately the smell did not linger after my hair was styled. The second thing I noticed was the products consistency which is a little thick for a leave-in, it looked almost like Vaseline and appeared sticky, but I found that it melted nicely when I rubbed my hands together and disbursed evenly throughout my hair.





These products do exactly what they claim to do: reduce frizz and promote shine. I used these products on my wash day and did not include any additional heat protectants or serums in order to give an accurate review. My hair was left soft, shiny, moisturized, and silky straight - I looked as if I had just gotten a relaxer. There was no line of demarcation and I could run my fingers through the roots of my hair. If these products are any indication of how my hair will look with the actual Keratin Treatment I am definitely persuaded to give it a try.



Have you tried the Kera Minerals Smoothing System?

No comments:

Post a Comment