Thursday, April 16, 2015

Product Review: Organix Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner



Price: $5.99/ea
Purchased at: Target
Product Claims:  "Nutrient-rich macadamia oil + exotic sugar cane extract + bamboo extract = one ultra- moisturizing formula. When your hair is parched, this yummy blend will bring back the shine."
Ingredients: (Shampoo) Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycol Distearate, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Laureth 4, Laureth 23, PEG 12 Dimethicone, PEG 23M, Polyquaternium 10, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 (CI 42090)
(Conditioner) Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerine, Glycol Distearate, Glycol Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Ceteareth 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dimethicone, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Blue 1

Analysis: The first thing I noticed about this shampoo & conditioner combo was the consistency. The shampoo is quite thick while the conditioner seems a bit on the thinner side - it is far from runny but I was surprised to find the shampoo appeared to be thicker. Both products smell somewhat tropical and almost nutty & the scent tends not to linger. I have used this combo for nearly 3 months now and what I like best is the fact that neither product "clings" to my hair and scalp; both rinse clean and don't leave me with patches of product build up that needs to be repeatedly rinsed or shampooed (with another product) away.


Verdict: Although I was initially shocked by the consistency of the conditioner the thinness allows it to be evenly and easily spread throughout the hair and I find that I get great coverage using a about a quarter sized amount of product. I like that the conditioner contains a bit of protein (Hydrolyzed Keratin) which makes it the perfect choice for those lazy wash days when I don't have a lot of time or energy to do a full DC session with both a protein and moisture based conditioner. The conditioner adds a good deal of slip to the hair enabling the comb to glide through nicely and also eliminates tangles and knots.

Would I recommend this product to a friend?
I would definitely recommend the Organix line, but honestly of the Organix products I have tried thus far this particular line is not a favorite. Compared to some of the other lines the Macadamia Oil does not leave my hair nearly as soft, and I LOVE soft hair. 

Would I repurchase?
Honestly no. Again the Macadamia Oil did not leave my hair nearly as soft as some of the other product lines within the Organix brand & Organix has so many lines I would like to try I cannot see myself repurchasing a product I feel gave average results. 





 Have you tried Organix Macadamia Oil Conditioner & Shampoo?








No comments:

Post a Comment