Friday, July 11, 2014

Product Review: Ion Pre-Shampoo Oil Treatment

Price: $1.99
Purchased at: Sally's Beauty Supply
Product Claims: "Ion Pre-Shampoo Oil Treatment has an ultra-moisturizing formula with argan, lavender and olive oils that moisturizes and repairs dry, damaged hair. Restores natural luster and strength and protects against future damage."


  • Silicone Free blend of Argan, Lavender and Olive Oils
  • Repairs dry, damaged hair and restores luster
  • Strengthens hair and protects against future damage
  • 100% Vegan
  • Paraben Free

Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate,Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil.

Analysis: I purchased this on a whim a little over six months ago while in Sally's looking for some new products to try. The thing I love most about this product is the way the product is dispensed via an eye dropper. I don't know what it is but I absolutely LOVE that! It allows me to get as little or as much product as I desire, prevents waste, and I am not left with a sink slick with oil residue from drips.

The oil smells like a diluted lavender (it contains Lavender oil) that does not linger. The consistency of the product is pretty standard for your run of the mill oils - I would say it matches that of olive oil - not too thin but not too thick.

I typically leave the oil on my hair for about five minutes prior to washing - longer if I remember to start my wash day early, and the result is always soft and moisturized hair that does not feel stripped. I have left this in over night on a number of occasions and the next day prior to washing my hair is always super soft and I noticed it stops shedding in its tracks. I would really like to try this oil as a sealant after moisturizing seeing how it softens and smooths my hair when left in over night, but the instructions say to shampoo after use so I am unsure about using it as anything other than a pre-treatment.

The Verdict: At $1.99 this pre-shampoo treatment is much cheaper and honestly more convenient that using other natural oils. I love the way this oil leaves my hair feeling: soft and strong, and the fact that a tiny 2 oz bottle lasts for nearly seven months. I don't have many staple products in my collection, but this one definitely makes the cut.

Have you tried ION Pre-Shampoo Oil Treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment