Thursday, July 10, 2014

Keeping Your Regimen Simple: Dual Purpose Products

I love visiting the salon because my hair always looks amazing when I leave, but the look and feel only lasts until the next wash day. I have spent years trying to emulate the results of my salon visits at home - especially since I can only visit my stylist twice a year - but until recently I was not able to get quit the same results.

The process of each salon visit is always the same: a shampoo, condition (either deep or quick rinse out), the use of a serum and finishing spray for hold. And the results are always predictable: shiny, manageable, soft, bouncy hair.  My stylist used at the most two styling products on my hair, so could the key to shiny, bouncy hair be to use less products? 

More products = more weight on each strand = less movement


Makes sense to me. 

After years of trying everything from expensive blow dryers and flat irons and salon brand products I finally found the key to salon results at home: Dual purpose products. Dual purpose products are products that perform a number of functions such as detangling, moisturizing and protecting the hair strands all in one application. 

If you have reviewed my regimen you know it is simple - almost ridiculously so - and I use literally two products to style my hair: 


Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum

  •  Provides slip to aid in detangling
  • Contains keratin proteins for strength
  • Coconut oil for moisture
  • Can be used as a sealant or stand-alone product to nourish ends between washes
  • Prevents breakage





Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In

  • Contains proteins and silk amino acids for strength
  • Moisturizing 
  • Provides protection against heat styling tools
  • Seals cuticle
  • Provides slip to aid in detangling
  • Promotes softness and shine



These two products  provide me with everything my hair needs after a shampoo and condition to protect it during the styling process and give me the results I love.

What dual purpose products are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment